Texas Safe & Lock Are SAVTA Members
SAVTA is the Safe & Vault Technicians Association - The worlds leading trade association devoted entirely to serving professional safe and vault technicians worldwide.
Since 1986, SAVTA's goal has always been to further your technical knowledge, while helping you promote your professionalism in today's marketplace. SAVTA provides you with a host of benefits, all necessary for staying informed, solving day to day problems, and out-performing the competition. Over the years, SAVTA has helped thousands of safe and vault technicians achieve personal and professional success. As members, Texas Safe & Lock has a definite passion for precision. It is precicesly the reason that Texas Safe & Lock is in the safe and locksmith business and strives to remain at the best in Dallas for innovation, applied expertise and continued excellence in this highly-specialized technical field.
SAVTA Convention Information:
All forums excluding the Public & Convention Forums are only available to members of SAVTA. To become a member, please fill out the membership application. All members need to LOG IN to view posts. If you are currently a member and do not have a user name and password, please contact the website administrator.
SAVTA Convention 2017 - Albuquerque, NM
- SAFETECH 2017
- May 1 – 6, 2017
- Expo Saturday, May 7, 2016
VISIT Albuquerque - Go to Visit Albuquerque for great restaurants and activity ideas while you are here for the convention.
The Safe and Vault Technicians Convention and Tradeshow blends world-class education with a top-notch tradeshow exhibition to create a must-attend event essential for doing business in today’s marketplace. Stay current with the ever-changing environment by attending Safetech educational classes. Whether you are novice or expert, there are classes to advance your skills in installation, maintenance and operation of safes and vaults.
Making good purchasing and sales decisions are crucial for operating a profitable business. SafeTech 2017 is your opportunity to view new products, tools and equipment and meet with industry experts. Top safe distributors and manufacturers will be present to demonstrate products, answer questions and offer special pricing on many cash and carry items.
Test your skills against your peers, don’t miss the Harry C. Miller Manipulation Contest.
Make Reservations Today:
- Crowne Plaza Albuquerque, Albuquerque, NM
- 1901 University Boulevard, Albquerque, NM 87102
- (505) 884-2500
- The discounted rate for SafeTech 2017 attendees, single or double occupancy, is $114. (Rates subject to taxes.)
- Reservations made after April 3, 2017 are subject to availability and regular room rates.
- Reservations can be secured by calling the hotel (877) 859-5095 or hotel directly at (505) 884-2500. Use the group code SAVTA17 when making your reservation.
NEW GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS:
According to Department of Defense and Homeland Security, no Non-American citizen may take training in X10 or S&G 2890 or S&G 2740. This is a government rule, not ALOA or SAVTA. Please note that the citizenship status, of all students that register for these classes, will have to be verified.
- GSA Update – Class # 506A and 510P is now called “Government Update”. Make this change on pages 6, 14 and 16
- Add Elaad Israeli as the second instructor of Class # 301 and 401. Make this addition on page 11
- Add Class 207 X10 Certification
- Class # 503 has been cancelled.
- Add Class 513p Advanced Electronic Safe Lock Opening and Service
Class 513p Advanced Electronic Safe Lock Opening and Service
- 1-5pm Thursday, May 4th, 2017
- Instructor(s): Ryan Taylor
- Limit: 24
- Content: 25% Lecture / 75% Hands On
Class 207 X10 Certification
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017
- Instructor(s): Kaba Trainer TBD
- Location: Ranchers Club Room
- Time: 8am - 5pm
- CEU: 8
This certification course provides in-depth training for installation, operation and programming of the X-10 lock and presents the differences between it and the X-09. Class instruction will cover: How to properly install the X-10, set up the lock in various modes of operation, combinations, recognize and clear error conditions in the lock, auditing procedures and basic troubleshooting, program and operate the lock in single, dual, and supervisor/subordinate modes. A multiple-choice exam will be given at the end of the course. Students must score 76% or higher to obtain certification. Students passing the exam will be certified in both the X-09 and X-10 locks.
- CLASS CONTENT: 25% lecture, hands-on learning 75%
- CLASS LIMITS: 20
- SAFETECH 2017 SPONSORS
- Bullseye ClearStar Professional Business Products
- StrongArm Timemaster
Please, call us today at 469-467-7233. Texas Safe & Lock has served the Dallas/Ft. Worth region for over 36 years with skilled locksmiths that identify and solve locksmith issues quickly and affordably. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, even weekends and holidays, we show up usually within 30 minutes and can handle any emergency with our mobile services, and commercial expertise.