Texas Safe & Lock Has ALOA Certified Professionals
What Does A Professional Locksmith & Security Provider Do Exactly?
For over 30 years, Texas Safe & Lock in Dallas has been serving the Dallas Ft. Worth communities as professional ALOA certified locksmiths. But what does that mean to you?
As a professional trained locksmith and security professional things you look for could be all or part of this list below:
- Install locks
- Install deadbolts & other mechanical or electrical devices
- Provide the above services to homes business vehicles and property
- Repair or modify devices
- Rekey locks
- Make duplicate keys & cards
- Generate program keys & cards for lost items
- Respond to emergency calls to unlock vehicles home and businesses
- Repair or grant access to malfunctioned locks
- And More...
Some locksmiths install and service electronic alarm and surveillance systems of many types of manufacturers as well. Depending on the technicians skills, many locksmiths specify, design, provide, install and service a wide range of electronic access control systems and closed circuit television (CCTV) systems as well. Often because of the integration of electronic security systems with computers and networks, you will find that many locksmiths maintain security hardware and software for computer systems, or have 3rd party providers that assist in more complex operations.
In the event that a new or replacement locks is required, a locksmith assists the customer, home based or commercial; in determining the correct types of locks needed based on the security risk/exposure, the life safety application and frequency of use, and what is planned for in the future of the system. The locksmith installs locks and security devices using manufacturer's templates and/or industry specifications, by cutting or drilling the proper opening in the selected location with small hand and power tools.
It is also important to know that here in Texas, ALOA Certification tests are current in content, and all testing other than that performed at the ALOA Headquarters in Dallas or at the annual conference in Orlando. This process normally takes between 60 and 90 days. If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a certified locksmith, we invite you to consider some basic information about the industry qualifications:
- Qualifications: As a locksmith, this will also include mechanical Locksmithing. This involves precise and detailed work. Good locksmithing professionals possess mechanical and mathematical ability, good vision, spatial perception, eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. They must be able to understand lock and key specifications, operating manuals and other written or oral instructions as necessary. Additional traits include patience, emotional stability, honesty, ependability, accuracy and the ability to get along with other individuals.
- Education and Training: During high school, the prospective locksmith should take courses in mathematics, mechanical drawing, metalworking, basic electronics, physics, and English plus some business education. To install electric locks, alarms, access control systems or surveillance devices, locksmiths must have knowledge of electricity and electronics.
- Traditionally, on-the-job training has been a primary method of learning locksmithing skills. Trainees work with experienced locksmiths until they have mastered the necessary skills. In some on-the-job training programs, employees attend demonstrations or receive classroom as well as practical training. The length of time necessary to complete on-the-job training ranges from three months to four years, depending on the level of expertise required for a given sector of the profession. Completion of courses at a locksmithing school will provide a basic knowledge of the trade and may shorten the length of the on-the-job training programs.
- Continuing education for the locksmith is provided by seminars and classes presented by lock manufacturers, locksmithing schools and locksmith associations, including the Associated Locksmiths of America.
Do you need the services of a reliable Locksmith in the Dallas/Forth Worth area? You have come to the right place. For more than 30 years David Blizzard, owner of Texas Safe & Lock, and his team of certified technicians, have proudly served the Dallas/Fort Worth area with integrity, quality and affordability. Texas Safe & Lock is one of the most progressive, reputable and professional locksmith companies in the Dallas/Forth Worth area.
Our professional staff offers a wide variety of services ranging from Residential, Commercial, Safes & Vaults, Automotive and 24 hour emergency locksmith service, Texas Safe & Lock is able to cover every locksmith need you may have. Once you experience the professionalism and skill of the Texas Safe & Lock technicians, Texas Safe & Lock will become your locksmith of choice.
Your Favorite Locksmith in Dallas / Fort Worth You Can Trust Since 1978
Trust The Best and Call Us Today! 469-467-7233